USA Pickleball Association is Hiring a Digital Coordinator
Position Description: Digital Coordinator
USA Pickleball Association (USAPA) (www.usapa.org) is the national governing body for the sport of pickleball in the U.S. Our mission is to promote the growth and development of pickleball. USAPA recently surpassed 40,000 members, up from 4,000 seven years ago and expects to grow significantly for the foreseeable future. According to the Sports and Fitness Industry Association, pickleball is now one of the fastest growing sports in the U.S. with over 3.3 million players.
To aid in this explosive growth, USAPA seeks a dynamic and innovative digital coordinator to grow our presence and engagement across all channels with a focus on:
- Grow digital and social media traffic and engagement with USAPA members, fans, followers and other participants in the sport of pickleball
- Support key initiatives aimed at broadening USAPA’S reach, building USAPA’s brand, driving increased membership and growing the sport of pickleball
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Managing Director, Marketing and Communications, to develop a social media strategy
- Manage all social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Develop a content framework and populate with content that follows best practices for engagement and that is of interest to our target audiences
- Grow all of the key metrics including fans, followers and engagement
- Develop original content that can be shared across the owned digital channels including website, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Identify and develop human interest stories about the sport of pickleball’s impact in our communities and on society
- Support key initiatives such as membership drive, new recreational and club programs and brand strategy to drive awareness and cross-traffic to the website
- Develop marketing materials, flyers, etc. and promote the USA Pickleball National and Regional Championships, as well support all sanctioned tournaments to build an audience and create buzz / excitement
- Identify influencers and pickleball advocates and appropriately engage and share content to grow earned media
- Collaborate with partners and sponsors to share and cross-promote content, i.e. Indian Wells Tennis Garden, Pickleball Magazine, etc.
- Manage social paid / boost activity to maximize impact
- Monitor social media accounts and remove inappropriate content
- Maintain the administrative function for the social channels
- Support / manage / update website content and news
- Work with Marketing and Sponsorship, Recreational Programs, Competition and Ambassador teams in support of managing the digital channels
- Communication / interpersonal skills
- Creative, innovative
- Takes initiative
- Good writing / copy skills
- Organized, project management
- Serve as an ambassador for the USAPA
- Social media, digital marketing experience; sports marketing a plus
- 1-2 years-experience including internships
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Pickleball knowledge and/or experience playing a plus
- Proficient in social media, scheduling, content creation and media tools, such as Hootsuite, Cision, Meltwater, photoshop, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft office / Google drive suite of software
- Full-time, salaried position
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Allowance for medical and dental benefits
Although USAPA ‘s offices are based in Phoenix, AZ, the Marketing team is based in the Chicago area. Preferred candidates within 2-hour drive of Chicago to support in-person meetings. Travel to USAPA’s offices, various tournaments and events, and USAPA retreats will be required, approx. 10-20%.
Reports to: Managing Director, Marketing & Communication
TO APPLY: Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Classified as: Exempt
NOTE: We welcome all, regardless of race, age, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status, marital status, or any protected class, including disabled applicants who can perform required functions with reasonable accommodations.