PG – Recreation: Best Practices
We are focused on cultivating a recreational experience unique to pickleball. We play pickleball “just for the FUN of it”. We understand the fitness and health benefits that can accrue to senior and younger players alike, and to families that have found a game that crosses the generational gap that can otherwise separate us.
Recreation Best Practices include the following:
- Hosting Free Beginner Demo Clinics
- Mixed Generation Pickleball (MXG)
- Painting Pickleball Lines and Court Conversion
- Pickleball…”just for the HEALTH of it!”
- Recreational Speed Pickleball (RSP) aka Mixed Up Doubles
- acquiring equipment
- attracting younger players
- identifying new places to play – recreation centers, YMCA, RV parks, churches…
- obtaining grant funding to start new programs
- team conversion – softball teams, dodge ball teams, etc. looking for an off-season sport that team members can enjoy together
- obtaining ongoing feedback from the recreational players. For example, a Players Survey has been developed to capture and measure player satisfaction. It also identifies players that are interested in volunteering for leadership positions.
Try fun, social round robin brackets