Assigning Tournament Tier Levels
Tier Level Requirements
Tier 1: Reserved for Large National events.
Tier 2: A Tier 2 event shall have a minimum of 250 entries, and must have an average of at least 8.0 entries per event.
Tier 3: Requirements:
- If under 100 entries, there must be an average of at least 7.0 entries per event
- If 100 or over entries, there must be an average of at least 6.0 entries per event
- If 200 or over entries, there must be an average of at least 5.0 entries per event
Tier 4: Requirements:
- Any new tournament or any tournament that does not meet tier 3 or higher requirements
- Must have at least 40 entries
Tier levels could be raised after completion of the tournament depending on the number of entries and the average number of entries per event.
USAPA Sanctioning Fees
- Tier 4 – $50
- Tier 3 – $75
- Tier 2 – $100
- Tier 1 – $125
Entries and Entries Per Event
Each player in singles and each doubles team in doubles is considered 1 entry in calculating the number of entries in a tournament and the number of entries per event .
If two events are combined because of lack of entries, the resulting group is counted as 1 event.