2018 USAPA National Championships
On Thursday, February 1, USAPA and Indian Wells Tennis Garden, agreed to terms on a multi-year deal to host the USAPA National Championships at the facility. While terms of the deal have not been disclosed, USAPA and IWTG will be releasing a joint press release soon with the details.
This year, the USAPA National Championships will be held November 3-11, 2018. Indian Wells is located just outside of Palm Springs California. The facility is home to the BNP Paribas Open – the largest combined men and women’s tennis tournament in the world. IWTG features the second largest tennis stadium in the world – an impressive 16,100-seat Stadium 1 – as well as a permanent 8,000-seat Stadium 2. The venue also boasts 28 world class courts and will soon be adding championship pickleball courts to the site.
Dates: November 3-11, 2018
Registration Begins: We will be offering a staggered registration on August 1, 2018.
|Open and 5.0…………………||11:00 AM PST, 12:00 PM MST, 1:00 PM CST, 2:00 PM EST|
|4.5 (all ages, all skills)…….||1:00 PM PST, 2:00 PM MST, 3:00 pm CST, 4:00 PM EST|
|4.0 (all ages, all skills)……||3:00 PM PST, 4:00 PM MST, 5:00 pm CST, 6:00 PM EST|
|3.5 (all ages, all skills)…….||5:00 PM PST, 6:00 PM MST, 7:00 pm CST, 8:00 PM EST|
|3.0 (all ages, all skills)……||7:00 PM PST, 8:00 PM MST, 9:00 pm CST, 10:00 PM EST|
2018 Participation Requirements (all players):
- Participate in a minimum of one USAPA Sanctioned Tournament between November 15, 2017, and October 31, 2018, or participate in a USAPA Regional Tournament between July 15, 2017, and October 31, 2018.
- Open event entrants must have a minimum of a 5.0 USAPA Rating by July 31, 2018. Events may open up to 4.5 USAPA rated players, depending on participation levels in each event.
Qualified Pre-Registration Begins: July 15, 2018 (click here for details)
Tournament Ball: TBD
National Championships Committee (announced soon):
Announcement: Revised Event Structure for 2018. Click Here to Read Details.
Skill/Age – Singles, Doubles, Mixed Doubles
Under 35 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0
35 – 49 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0
50 – 54 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0
55 – 59 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0
60 – 64 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0
65 – 69 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0
70 – 74 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0
75 – 79 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0
80+ 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0
Open Singles, Doubles, Mixed Doubles
Open, Senior Open (50+)
*Juniors 8 – 18
8-12, 13-15, 16-18- may be adjusted based on participation.
- *Junior divisions are open to any junior that is interested in participating, no participation requirements.
- *Juniors may opt to play in the Open Events but must meet the participation requirements. May not mix and match Open/Junior Events.
- *Juniors may participate in under 35 Skill/Age Events if participation requirements are met.
2018 Court Details
- Up to 40 fully painted Plexipave courts
- 1 fully painted Plexipave Championship court
- High quality, above ground semi-permanent nets designed specifically for this event.
Schedule of Events
Available to the following:
- All Medalists from the 2017 USAPA National Championship Open & Sr. Open.
- All Gold Medalists in any age/skill event from the 2017 USAPA National Championships.
- All Gold Medalists in a Tier 1 USAPA Sanctioned Event between July 15, 2017, and July 15, 2018. Click Here to View Qualifying Events.
- All Gold Medalists at any USAPA Regional Event between July 15, 2017, and July 15, 2018. Click Here to View Qualifying Events.
2019 Participation Requirements & Pre-Registration Opportunities
2019 Participation Requirements:
To participate in the 2019 USAPA National Championships at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden, all participants must:
- Participate in a USAPA Regional Tournament or a Tier 2 or higher USAPA sanctioned event between July 15, 2018, and July 15, 2019. The USAPA National Championships do not count as a qualifier for upcoming USAPA National Championships.
- Open event entrants must have a minimum of a 5.0 USAPA Rating by July 31, 2019. Events may open up to 4.5 USAPA rated players, depending on participation levels in each event.
2019 Pre-Registration Opportunities:
Pre-registration is available to the following:
- All Medalists from the 2018 USAPA National Championship Open & Sr. Open.
- All Gold Medalists in any age/skill event from the 2018 USAPA National Championships.
- All Gold Medalists in a Tier 1 USAPA Sanctioned Tournament between July 15, 2018, and July 15, 2019.
- All Gold Medalists at any USAPA Regional Event held between July 15, 2018, and July 15, 2019.
- Players with pre-registration invitations will be limited to one event of the same type per Gold Medal. For example, if a player wins a Gold at the Great Lakes Regional in ladies doubles, that player will receive a pre-registration opportunity for ladies doubles (Note: it doesn’t have to be the same skill).
- Players with pre-registration invitations must meet the participation requirements listed in ‘Tournament Details’ above.
- Players with pre-registration entry will receive an invitation on July 15 and must accept and register by July 31.
- Partners of players with pre-registration opportunities who have not met participation criteria may not pre-register.
- Players regardless of the event used to qualify must register at his/her current rating on the day registration opens.
- For Events that reach maximum capacity, players that register without a partner will have until Aug 15 to add a partner.
Official Lodging and Accommodations
The list of Tournament Hotels and RV Resorts is now available!
Please click here for details and booking information.
Details on this page are subject to change. Additional information regarding the National Championships will be available soon.
For registration-related questions, click here to email. Please keep all questions at this point limited to registration only.
(click photos to view larger)
(photos courtesy of Desert Champions, LLC – all rights reserved)