Ambassador Standards & Expectations
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY is to be the spokesperson and representative for the USAPA for all activities related to pickleball within the area they represent. An Ambassador pledges to support and abide by all Official Rules and the Code of Conduct, as established by the association and will refrain from publicly criticizing the USAPA or its rules, policies, goals, projects, officers, members or operations. Ambassadors are team players who work to promote the USAPA, not oppose it.
In addition, Ambassadors will also:
- Post locations where pickleball is played within your geographical area Places-To-Play on the USAPA website. This information should include name of facility and times of play. The Ambassador or their designate would maintain this information current and would also be the contact person for local players/visitors so play/access could be arranged.
- Promote & solicit memberships with USAPA.
- Support the goals of the USAPA which are to promote and grow our game with others of all ages.
- Advise players of USAPA Board actions, such as rules changes and other important information.
More Options for Those with the Time and Skills
- Other activities MIGHT include: arrange/facilitate beginner and intermediate clinics to improve player skills, organize tournaments for all levels of play, to lead and assist with the formation of pickleball clubs.
- See the list of Effective Ideas for many other possibilities to promote the game.